Thursday, August 03, 2006

Theme of my life.

The future doesnt determine who you are, it is what u do now that determines the future.

I was asking God why cant i experience him more intimately?Then all of a sudden i had a memory flash back.I closed my eyes.There i was 2 yrs old living in this double storey house.I was literally reliving that memory. It was a memory i had but never realised how significant it was until now.I was only 2 or 3 years old at that time.It was the house i had the most loving memories.the time my dad taught me how to kick a soccer ball at that same house.But the memory i recollected was different.it was my encounter with God at a very young age.most people cannot retain memories while they were toddlers but i have somehow been given this gift of storing memories and reliving it in the most appropriate time.

I remember having this bed by the side of the wall.i would have a "cats eye" by my side and a mosquito mat to chase away mosquitoes.Cats eye was a orange light that would only light up if the room was dark.it had a sensor.So there i was on my bed and was about to sleep and then something would sing for me to sleep.Angels or not i do not know.but what i could remember was the voices of children singing and it starts soft and becomes louder and louder at the end.I could not remember what the songs were as i was only at the age of 2 or 3 years old.It could not be heard by others.

My family has been blessed to have so many spiritual encounters.there are many more, some are spiritual attacks by the devil.there was even a short demon with a cowboy hat that was in our house.yea we did encounter alot.and the spiritual world is more real to us as we know it exist but whatever the case was, we did stand firm on our ground.Just as joshua said "as for me and my household, we will serve the lord".

sometimes there are moments in our life that we tend to neglect.simple things like rebuking stomach ache and all.people over here might just go "er...ok...stomach ache..haha" but hey it is until u realise how effective prayer is,it is until u execise ur faith on the little things, then only will we learn to see the greater things. People of faith or they used to call the generals of God were a group of outstanding preachers/christians.but realise this that they diddnt just boosted their faith overnight.It was a gradual process.even Jesus had to start his ministry at 30 years old.and because of his 3 years ministry, he changed the history book of mankind.

I am not contented to where i am in my christian walk.What do i see myslef to be 10 years from now?or even 20 years? do i just see myself like any other coming to church probably with a family, sitting down and just go back home after service?no, i want to do so much more,making a difference in the places i go,and if God allows it, i would rather be a martyr for christ.the passion i have no one understands.but for the sake of the gospel it is worth it.This is what Jesus said in Matthew 16:24

"For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. 28I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Everyone is encourage to have a theme for their life.Here is mine

"Make my life a living sacrifice,
the way You want it to be,
to serve you with all my heart,
whatever the cost to me,
take me, break me, mould me Lord,
as the potter shapes the clay,
pleasing you in all i do,
approved in everyway"


No comments: